From the moment you first saw that Laptops for Sale in Layton sign to the moment you unboxed your new purchase, you’ve been looking forward to working on your laptop. And now that it’s set up and ready to go, it’s time to start filling it with all of the software that will help you get your work done. But with so many options out there, how do you choose which programs to install?
Here are ten of the best software options to consider for your new laptop:
- Adobe Creative Cloud – If you’re into photography, graphic design, or video editing, you need Adobe Creative Cloud. This software suite gives you access to all of Adobe’s popular applications, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere.
- Microsoft Office – Microsoft Office is a must-have for any business professional. It includes everything you need to create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. If you’re a student, you can get a free copy of Office 365 through your school.
- Google Drive or Dropbox – Cloud storage is a must in today’s world. Google Drive and Dropbox are both great options that offer free basic plans. You can use them to store documents, photos, and other files online.
- iTunes or Spotify – If you’re a music lover, you need one of these music streaming services on your laptop. iTunes offers a huge library of music, while Spotify has a great selection of podcasts and radio stations too.
- Firefox or Chrome – These are the two most popular web browsers out there, so you’ll want to have one of them installed on. You can use them to surf the web, check email, and more. Google Chrome is the most popular one as it’s fast, lightweight, and packed with features. Plus, it integrates with your Google account so you can easily save your favorite websites and access them from any device.
- Anti-virus software – Protect your laptop from malware and viruses with anti-virus software. When you install a good anti-virus program, you can rest assured that your data is safe. You can also protect your laptop from theft with a good anti-theft program. The most recommended anti-virus software is Norton AntiVirus and the most popular anti-theft software is Prey.
- VPN software – A virtual private network (VPN) is a great way to keep your online data secure. It creates an encrypted connection between your laptop and the internet, so your information is safe from hackers. You can also use VPN to access blocked websites and content. The most popular VPN software is NordVPN.
- LastPass – LastPass is a great password manager that can help you keep track of all your login credentials. It’s important to use strong passwords for all your online accounts, and LastPass makes it easy to do just that. Plus, it’s free to use!
- VLC Media Player or KMPlayer – These are both great media players that can play a variety of audio and video file formats. They’re essential for watching movies and TV shows offline, as well as listening to music. So, if you enjoy consuming media on your laptop, be sure to install one of these players.
- Evernote – Evernote is a great note taking and organizing app that can help you stay productive. You can clip articles, bookmark web pages, and take notes on the go.