Here, with reference to the fashion industry, we mention down many resources that may be helpful for you as users and buyers for the fashion business. Thus, many aspects such as clothes, shoes, bags, accessories, etc that make up the fashion industry as well as the global fashion industry are mentioned. In case you need to grow up your fashion industry company then you should surely keep track of all the latest trends, and development taking place in the market as well.
Let us discuss the common as well as new trends in the fashion industry. As follows:
Retail in the fashion industry company is one of the traditional methods where clothes are designed and later sold off. And with the coming of the internet, websites were created by many stores and the fashion industry to sell items and clothes or other items online, where the product was sold directly to the customer itself. Even now, social media is also coming into the way where fashion industry companies can sell as well as advertise their brand and clothing thus acting as a storefront, to sell their final products.
Podcasts are also increasingly used method for selling as well as to gain greater insight of fashion industry, here some common names such as the American Fashion Podcast as well as Behind the Thread are there who with their reviews, expert opinions, discussions, etc tells us about the details of the fashion industry.
3. Industry associations
Another common way in the fashion industry is by Industry associations from where you can find all the details about fashion trends, fashion catalog, retail apparel industry, etc. As, we have the American Apparel and Footwear Association, Association of Textiles, Apparel and Materials Professionals, Council of Fashion Designers of America, etc as some common and famous associations dealing in the fashion industry.
4. Blogs and websites
You can also find Blogs and websites from, where all the latest information on what’s trending the details about fashion trends, fashion catalog, retail apparel industry, etc can be made available. Some common Blogs and websites relating to the fashion industry are as:
- Startup Fashion
- Link for Startup Fashion: http://startupfashion.com/category/fashion-industry-tools-and-resources
- Online Clothing Study’s Blog List
- Link for Online Clothing Study’s Blog List: http://www.onlineclothingstudy.com/2013/01/43-useful-sites-and-blogs-for-garment.html
- The Business of Fashion
- Link for The Business of Fashion: http://www.businessoffashion.com/
- Other such Blogs and websites are also available to keep you on track with industry updates.
Just, by some common clothing references or say fashion reference available on the internet you can know much about the fashion industry. Thus, we present you 10 books with the study of fashion industry network as well as some Fashion Industry Associations and Organizations for fashion catalogs reference.
Common 10 books on fashion industry network:
So, here we also enclose some of the common 10 books that might help you with the study of the fashion industry network. So, let us take a quick look at what the fashion trade publication has to offer:
1. Beyond Design by Myrna B. Garner; Deborah A. Vandermar; Sandra J. Keiser
- Phone Number: TT497 .K42 2017
- ISBN: 9781501315411
- Published/Created: 2017-08-10
2. Eco-Friendly and Fair by Mark Heuer (Editor); Carolin Becker-Leifhold (Editor)
- Phone Number: HD9940.A2 B43 2018
- ISBN: 9781783538201
- Published/Created: 2017-12-07
3. The Fashion Designer Survival Guide by Mary Gehlhar; Diane Von Furstenberg (Foreword by)
- Phone Number: HD9940.A2 G44 2008
- ISBN: 9781427797100
- Published/Created: 2008-07-01
4. Advanced Fashion Technology and Operations Management by Alessandra Vecchi (Editor)
- Phone Number: HD9940.A2 .A28 2017
- ISBN: 9781522518655
- Published/Created: 2017-03-01
5. The Business of Fashion by Leslie Davis Burns; Kathy K. Mullet; Nancy O. Bryant
- Phone Number: TT496.U6 B87 2016
- ISBN: 9781501315213
- Published/Created: 2016-09-08
6. Designing Clothes by Veronica Manlow
- Phone Number: HD9940.A2 M36 2007
- ISBN: 9780765803986
- Published/Created: 2007-07-15
7. Fashion Marketing and Merchandising by Mary Gorgen Wolfe
- Phone Number: HD9940.A2 W65 2019
- ISBN: 9781635631456
- Published/Created: 2017-11-20
8. Marketing Fashion by Patricia Mink Rath; Richard Petrizzi; Sandra Henderson-Williams; Penny Gill
- Phone Number: HD9940.A2 R38 2012
- ISBN: 9781609010782
- Published/Created: 2012-05-24
9. Fashion Supply Chain Management by Tsan-Ming Choi (Editor)
- Phone Number: HD9940.A2 F375 2012
- ISBN: 9781609607562
- Published/Created: 2011-07-31
10. The Why of the Buy by Patricia Mink Rath; Stefani Bay; Penny Gill; Richard Petrizzi
- Phone Number: HD9940.U4 R38 2015
- ISBN: 9781609018986
- Published/Created: 2014-10-27
Fashion Industry Associations and Organizations
Further, some of the Fashion Industry Associations and Organizations will also be useful for you to study the fashion industry in all. So, here we list down some fashion reference of Industry Associations and Organizations:
1. American Apparel and Footwear Association
- Website: https://www.aafaglobal.org/
- The American Apparel and Footwear Association represents some famous name brands having a contribution of $384 billion in the fashion business.
2. The Fashion Group International
- Website: http://www.fgi.org/index.php
- It is a global, non-profit, as well as proficient organization that has almost 5000 members in the fashion industry that includes the fashion catalog providing update relating to all the latest fashion industry trends.
3. Association of Textiles, Apparel and Materials Professionals
- Website: http://www.aatcc.org/
- It provides the customers with a need for textile and clothing since 1921. And now, a common retail apparel industry providing quality and professional networking in clothing references.
4. International Textile and Apparel Association
- Website: http://www.itaaonline.org/
- It is also a non-profit organization where scholarship in the field of education and innovation is provided in the apparel industry.
5. Council of Fashion Designers of America
- Website: http://cfda.com/
- CFDA is also a non-profit organization working towards womenswear, menswear, jewelry as well as designing accessories in the fashion trends stores.
Also Click- Covaxin vs Covishield – A Detailed Comparison
The fashion industry is a vast industry to look into and expand your business, you can also look at other’s expects of Global Fashion industry that tells us and give us the brief knowledge of the industry or say the clothing industry. Thus, here with the help of the above article, we have tried to jot down all the resources that are needed in the fashion industry and these resources will be helpful for you as users and buyers of the fashion business. Thus, many aspects such as clothes, shoes, bags, accessories, etc that make up the fashion industry as well as the global fashion industry are mentioned for your reference.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the 5 types of fashion market?
Based on the price segmentation we can say that the 5 types of fashion market can be categorized as follows:
- Haute Couture fashion market
- Ready to Wear fashion market
- Diffusion fashion market
- Bridge fashion market
- Mass fashion market
2. What is the purpose of the fashion industry?
The purpose of the fashion industry is basically to serve the need of the fashion industry and production, promotion, and marketing and also to satisfy the need of the past and also to meet the need of the present.
3. What resources do you need to make clothes?
Some resources as materials that you will need to make clothes are as follows:
- Synthetic materials
- Cotton as material
- Cellulosic fibers/viscose as material
- Wool as material
- Silk as material
- Leather as a material
- Bast fibers as material
- New fabrics as material