Updates to payroll are becoming difficult? The software won’t open? QuickBooks frequently has these issues. It’s most likely an error 15106. The only way to fix everything above is to get rid of this update error.
The information in this post can assist you in solving QuickBooks Error 15106. Let’s get started. Let’s tackle this together.
Error 15106 QuickBooks: Basic Description
QuickBooks error 15106 is most commonly caused by payroll updates. The most likely cause is a malfunctioning payroll software system. Update program appears damaged, preventing us from accessing it and causing a problem with our work.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error Code 15106
QuickBooks update error 15106 can come from a variety of sources:
- Pre-installed spyware protection software or anti-virus software can cause such an error. The update cannot be completed.
- You cannot disable User Account Control, which can also cause this error.
- Your account does not have administrative access.
QuickBooks Update Error 15106: Easy Troubleshooting Solutions
The following methods will assist you in troubleshooting QuickBooks Update Error 15106.
Solution 1: Turn off UAC
The solution to error code 15106 requires turning off UAC. Follow the steps below to modify Windows 8, 8.1, 7, and 10 user account control settings.
- Tap the search field in the start menu.
- Search for the Control Panel using the search box.
- The user account option will then appear.
- The drop-down menu will allow you to change the account control settings.
- When the UAC is turned off, click the Never notify button after selecting the Yes button.
- Verify by clicking OK.
- The UAC setting has now been enabled, so select Always notify.
- Click OK once more.
- Once you restart your computer, you can see if the problem is fixed.
Solution 2: Reinstall QBs Via Clean Install
Create a copy of the QuickBooks software & the license info. Back up your files. You will be able to close all open programs without interfering with your work if you choose the selective startup mode. Follow the steps below.
- Open the Run window by pressing the Windows key and R.
- Type MSConfig, then click OK.
- Select the Selective startup option under the General tab.
- Select Load system services.
- If you select Hide all Microsoft services in the services tab, all Microsoft services will be hidden.
- All Microsoft services can be hidden by checking the box.
- Select Disable all options.
- When installing Windows, select the services checkbox.
- The system needs to be restarted now.
- You should reinstall QuickBooks desktop software after uninstalling it.
- Rerun MSConfig as soon as you have reinstalled Windows successfully.
- To enable normal startup, select the normal startup option under the general tab.
- Restart your PC to complete the process.
Solution 3: Task Manager
- For the task manager, hold down CTRL + Shift + Esc.
- You can find your antivirus program under the Processes tab.
- Tap the End process option when it appears.
Solution 4: Rename QuickBooks Folder
- To open the File Explorer, press Windows + E on your keyboard.
- From the list of programs, select C:/ProgramFiles/Intuit/QuickBooks(year)/Components.
- By right-clicking the folder DownloadQBXX, you can continue.
- From the menu, select Rename.
- Give the file a .old extension now.
- To finish, update the QuickBooks desktop again.
QuickBooks File Doctor: The Universal Solution
- To begin, you must download QuickBooks.
- After you open the dashboard, you will see it. Choose Company File Issues.
- Tap on the “Run QuickBooks File Doctor” tab.
- The computer will perform a self-scan to identify all current errors.
- All errors will be automatically resolved within a few seconds.
- Finally, restart the computer.
Note: With the QBs File Doctor tool you can not only fix QuickBooks Update error 15106 but you can also fix other Quickbooks errors like QuickBooks error 6123, QuickBooks error PS077, QuickBooks error H101, H202, etc.
Error 15106 generally occurs during payroll updates. This is the result of a systems or software issue. Throughout this article, we aimed to provide quick solutions to your QuickBooks Error 15106 problem and to cover all the details. We hope you enjoyed our content and are not experiencing any further problems.